Where to ride in MD
MD Horse clubs
Rt 97 to Carrs mill rd.
Horse trailer parking & equestrian trails
near Glenwood Library
Woodstock Equestrian Park
The park is located off of Route 28, North of West Hunter Road in Beallsville, Md, in upper Montgomery County.
From the South/Rockville/Potomac:
1. From I-270, take Route 28 West (Darnestown Road)
2. Go through Darnestown, stay on Darnestown Road to Beallsville Road (route 109) intersection
3. Go straight through the intersection until you see the stone park entrances on both sides of the road
4. Entrance to the Greenberg side is on the left; entrance to the Rickman side is on the right
5. Trailer parking is available on both sides of the road
The Park consists of over 825 acres of rolling farmland and forest, and includes over 15 miles of equestrian and hiking
Entrances to the park and parking areas are located on both sides of MD Rt. 28 behind stone entrance walls.
Take a walk or a trail ride at your earliest opportunity.
The park is open during daylight hours for walks and trail rides whenever weather permits.
Ride safe! Just remember to observe the rules of good-trails stewardship:
* Let others know where you are - and bring your cell phone!
* Note the name of the trail that you are riding on
* In addition to your horse ride with a buddy!
* No riding in wet conditions
* No mechanized WHEELS, except wheel chairs
* Be observant! Horses can be skittish, be aware of your surroundings!
* No ATVs or other vehicles are allowed within the designated trail areas
* Report any suspicious activity to the Park Police at (301)949-3010